Thursday, December 8, 2011

Manhattan

Long days with lots of walking, but we've seen a fair bit of the city. The Met is so big that we almost missed the entire top floor and some rather remarkable paintings, even though we'd already spent 3 hours there. The Guggenheim is a fantastic building, but contains a lot of modern art that just confuses me. We went to the top of Rockefeller Centre at sunset and got some great photos. Madame Tussauds is super cheesy, but good value late at night cause there's barely anyone else there. Part of the attraction includes a 4D cinema. It's not for me. Not crazy about being snowed on in a cinema.

Macy's was a disappointment. The lights and shop windows were beautiful, but the women's fashion was uninspiring. In fact, the women's fashion has been uninspiring every I go. I'm not sure if I'm missing the good shopping areas, but I haven't found anything remarkable. What is tempting is the skin care and cosmetics. My favourite brands are so much cheaper here than in Australia. In some cases, half the price.







No comments:

Post a Comment